Our mission: To promote, protect and preserve hunting and the shooting sports.
Industry Reference Guide
The Industry Reference Guide 2016-2017 edition, our most comprehensive report that encompasses the shooting sports industry into one, easy-to-reference resource, in now available.
A timely and efficient source of information, it includes industry trends on hunting license sales, excise taxes, NICS, FFL dealers, manufacturing reports, economic data, demographics of shooting sports participants, equipment expenditures by segment, state-by-state participation, state-of-the-industry survey results and much more.
Full-color detailed information with the latest industry statistics! More than 190 pages of information! Available to NSSF members and industry partners at a significantly reduced rate. ORDER TODAY.
Includes data on the following trends:
- Hunting license sales
- Excises taxes for firearms and ammunition
- NICS and NSSF-Adjusted NICS (background check trends)
- FFLS (dealer trends by state and by type)
- Production (by year, manufacturer, & caliber)
- Imports / Exports (by type of firearm and country)
- Firearms-Related Injury Statistics
- Participation trends in all shooting sports
- State-level participation by shooting discipline
- Demographic trends of all shooting-types
- Consumer purchases and price distribution
- Economic impact
- Social research relating to firearms
A complete resource of statistics and trends in the shooting sports industry. Terms and Conditions of use.